Cup of Elijah
At the Seder evening meal, no matter how big the family, there is always an extra glass on the dinner table, called the Eliyahu cup. Make the cup!
- one and a half litre pet bottle
- 3 plastic caps
- 1 CD
- glue gun or cellux
- coloured paper, napkins
- decoupage glue
- alcohol felt
Method of preparation:
1. Cut off the top of the bottle at about the top third, and use scissors to align the cut.
2. glue the caps together with cellux or a glue gun. (Ask an adult for help so you don't burn your hands.)
3. Glue the caps to the CD, with the glitter side of the disc facing up and the open end of the top cap on top, and wait for it to dry.
4. Screw the bottle into the top cap.
5. Decorate the cup with coloured paper or napkins:
a. Cut out small pieces or patterns from the napkin.
b. Spread decoupage glue on the surface where you want to put the decoration.
c. Place the napkin piece on top, smooth it out carefully with the brush, then apply another thin layer of decoupage glue, repeat this with the amount of pieces you want to put on the goblet.
6. Once the glue has dried, you can decorate the goblet further with an alcohol marker.